Thursday, March 19, 2009

The glass is half full

There are two kinds of people in this world: those that see the glass as half full and those that see the glass as half empty. As an eternal optimist, I choose the former, and thus will focus on the positive parts of the morning. For instance, I enjoyed the positive feedback from the coach ("you guys rocked those 200s!") rather than the negative ("some of you are wusses for getting out early"). I enjoyed testing out a new type of orange goggles that actually fit, rather than worry that they clashed with my red flower bathing suit. I enjoyed swimming with some of my favorite people, SB, BB, and K, even if K was just on loan from Lane 2 with a sports related injury. And I enjoyed the brief solidarity of my fellow lanemates who said they would taper with me even as they pushed off on the 3500 plus yard set. See? I feel better already!

Now to the set:

200 on own
3 x 50 free 1:00
3 x 50 stroke 1:00
3 x 75 free descend on 1:10
3 x 75 fly,back, breast on 1:25
Main
5 x 200 on 2:55
2 x 50 easy
4 x 200 IM on 3:15
2 x 50 easy
3 x 200 pull
2 x 50 easy
2 x 200 (help me here) on 2:45?

Obviously, I did not do the last part so may not have it right. Great job leading, BB, and K it did not seem like you were too injured. I hope you join us again soon. Thank you to AA in Lane 4 for the loaner goggles - they are awesome.

3 comments:

  1. K's injury is from yoga. Is that a sport or is it physical therapy? K was still swimming pretty fast.

    KT-thank you for keeping the blog alive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. KT had a great idea: yoga morning at my studio: once I fully recover from my freak pec strain we should all pick a morning and do it. The first class is free and Thursdays are 6:30 am. Check out lifeinsynergy.com. It would probably make your tri times faster.
    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Positive feedback is always a plus... but do bears shit in the woods ? If folks are swimmin like wusses, then wusses they are. You're only as good as your last performance!

    ReplyDelete