Wednesday, March 4, 2009

How fortunate

Last night my fortune cookie said "you will find great contentment in the daily, routine activities". How true! I find the whole routine of swimming, from making coffee, listening to music on the drive in, seeing my friends at the pool, to getting in a good workout a very nice routine. Notice I did not say "waking up". After all these years, I still don't fully embrace getting out of bed on a cold winter morning. But we are all fortunate to swim in such a nice pool, with such a nice coach like Bill, and with amazing people each day.

I am also fortunate that my lanematers are patient and forgiving, especially after I botched the first part of the workout today!! Sorry KBB, E, SB, and M. It was a good set today, I hope I don't botch the summary too:

300WU
4 x 50 choice
6 x 75 free, free, stroke x 2
okay I forget if we did anything else here
Main set:
300 hard on 4:15
4 x 25 easy
200 IM on 3:20
2 x 25 easy

300 hard on 4:00
2 x 25 easy
200 IM on 3:10
4 x 25 easy

300 hard on 4:15
2 x 25 easy
200 IM on 3:20
2 x 25 easy

300 hard on 4:00
2 x 25 easy
200 IM on 3:10
2 x 25 easy

For some reason I saw the 4:00 and had it in my head that we were doing 400s, so at the 350 was amazed that everyone was at the wall. Then I thought we only had 2 25s and was amazed that nobody was doing the 200IM. Sorry guys! I woke up and got with the program after that. :)That was a fun set once I was actually doing the set.

No masters for any of us tomorrow and I am heading out to Seattle until next Wednesday. But have no fear! The blog will continue with a guest blogger (or maybe two) next week or even some reports from Seattle. Thanks for your suggestions for a pool, the tough part will be finding the time.

1 comment: