Sunday, March 22, 2009

Meet recap: Distance Day

For MIT Masters, distance day was a good day. While we were small in numbers, we were big on results. Everyone who swam came up big and scored points for the team, with many first and second places. Congrats to Emily, Judith, Ted, Barry, Patrick, John, Bill, and of course our own lane three-er, Dr. Bob! And yes, Dr. Bob's daughter made sure he made it to the block and into his heat. And a huge thanks to our coach Bill, for an awesome job in preparing us for the day. I hope we did you proud. As it stands, we are in third place for the medium teams. Not too bad given we had only 9 swimmers!! Here are the results:

http://www.meetresults.com/2009/nelmscscy/results.shtml

As for me, I was so happy to be there and participate after 2 years off. It was great to walk in and see old friends, teammates, and coaches and soak in the atmosphere. There really is nothing like it. I appreciated the last minute pep talk and strategy session from friend/formercoach Nate (and thanks for the splits!). I had a good race, PR'd by 8 seconds, and most importantly I felt good and held an even pace nearly the whole time. Steve L. you are the bomb for helping me get ready for this and for counting/cheering me on. Of course, my real inspiration was the tiniest and cutest cheering squad ever in Bene, Will, and Carl Michael. You too would swim your best if you heard "Go Auntie Cake!" at every turn. :) Part 2 (the big one) of the meet is next week. Go MIT Masters!

2 comments:

  1. Katie: Thanks for your kind words. I still like to hang onto one of my themes: You wanna swim fastah, then you gotta swim fastah ! This means that so many our our group are actually moving it up a notch, and swimming outside of the comfort zone! I am very proud of all of our swimmers ! And I include the ones that were not able to swim the meet !

    ReplyDelete
  2. KO: great swimmin' at da meet. You were spectacular. Who's nate ? Anyway, all of the mit swimmers contributed to earning a big wad of points. Would have been cool if more swam it. Sometimes I don't think these guys realize how much fun the meet is. Anyway, everyone's hard work is payin' off !

    ReplyDelete