Friday, March 6, 2009

It's Hot in the Hot Tub!

Of course, the hot tub to which I am referring is the teaching pool at the Z Center. I feel obliged to report on our swim today as a public service announcement to fellow masters swimmers who are planning to do a workout in that pool. The bottom line? If I EVER complain about the water being too cold again, remind me of the day I nearly passed out in the water, which was today.

It was 83 degrees, a whopping 4 degrees higher than our regular pool. I swam with E and we both knew it was going to be a short 40 minutes when we were already warmed up at the first 25. KBB came to visit and thought we were nuts. You were right, KBB.

500WU
2 x 300 first one drill/swim, second pull
3 x 200 on 3:00
6 x 100 descend 1-3, 4-6 on 1:30
50 cool down (that's a hilarious statement)
Cold shower

Saw Joel and Mike upstairs and both made the smart choice to avoid the tub o' boiling water. Please, heed this warning! Use the treadmill!

1 comment:

  1. I began to halluciate. Suddenly I was lapping Katie and the water became blue raspberry jello and I could touch the ceiling with one hand and the bottom of the pool with the other. Michael Phelps was on deck cheering me and yelling, "GO TRIGIRLPINK!"
    So Groovy...
    Who needs Meth? The hot tub pool works just fine.

    ReplyDelete