Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Lane Divas?

It was just E and me today, so you can imagine my delight when Bill gave us a "custom" set just for our lane. My first thought was "cool! I love 200s and wasn't it nice of Bill to give us this special set?" What I didn't know at the time, but know now, was that Bill had something else in mind for the workout and was thinking "if I don't give these ladies a set they like it could be trouble". Hrumph. Okay, a slight bit of truth to that as 10 x 200 free is a lot more fun than 10 x 200IM. Point taken, coach.

WU 300
5 x 50 free
2 x 100 drill, stroke, free, no breath
400 pull front quad
Main:
10 x 200 free
1-4 on 2:50
5-7 pull on 3:00
8 on 2:40
9 easy on 3:40
10 fastest one of the day
6 x 50s random front quad, swimming through sewer pipe, rolling

Loved this set but arms were a little heavy today. Last one was 2:29, falling short of the goal of 2:25. Bill was really into the strange drills today, esp. the "front quad swimming" which is really just another way of saying catch up drill. Everyone else did 200IMs and I take my hat off to all of you.

2 comments:

  1. I think if Bill had a wooden paddle like my swim coach did back in Miami Fla, (circa 1970's)
    he would have made us get out and wacked us for not complying with his 400/front quad wishes.
    BTW: getting smacked with a wooden paddle with a wet a$$ stings A LOT. Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I missed swimming with a couple of divas. I trust there must have been some drama.

    ReplyDelete