Thursday, July 30, 2009

August Sabbatical


This will be my last blog post for a couple of weeks. Following in the footsteps of great columnists, writers, and other celebrity-types, I will be taking time off in August to find myself, hang out at my house in the Hamptons (see pic to the left), and work on my book deal. The working title right now is "Lane 3: The Untold Story." Luckily my advance is enough to buy me a few new swimsuits. In any case, please do not fear, the workouts will still be posted and we will have a series of guest bloggers. These include family, lane-mates, friends near and far, or anyone else who wants to be a guest. While it's preferable that you have some kind of connection to swimming, it's also okay if you have 1) been in a pool in your lifetime, 2) know someone who has been in a pool, or 3) have seen a pool. As you can see, the bar has been set very high. I do reserve the right to post race reports (including things like BBQs) or other non-MIT Masters posts as I see fit.

Today's workout courtesy SB and KBB:

4 x 50 25 Drill 25 swim
2 x 100 DPS
100 Stroke
4 x 50 25 Drill 25 swim
3 x 300 @ 5:00
2 x 50 @ 1:20
3 x 200 @ 3:15
2 x 50 @ 1:20
3 x 100 @ 1:30
2 x 50 @ 1:20
Warmdown

No comments:

Post a Comment