Friday, July 10, 2009

Swimming in mud


I imagine that swimming in mud is a little like mud wrestling but with lane lines. I myself have never mud wrestled, but I have seen Stripes and as a kid used to do this pillow fight type thing where the losing kid ended up in a big mud pit. My brother also told me about this party he went to in LA last weekend where women were wrestling in chocolate pudding. Who does that? As an adult? I bring this up not to condemn the barbarity of it all (my male lanemates may not think it barbaric at all) but rather to say that today I felt like I was swimming in mud. And I don't think I was alone. I realize that this topic may invite inappropriate responses from some of you, so keep those on email as this is a family-friendly blog. :)

200 drill/swim
200 drill/stroke
200 descend by 50
Main set:
5 x 400
400 steady on 6:30
400 descend by 100 on 6:40
400 fast on 6:50
400 negative split on 6:40
400 fastest one of the day
300 kick or whatever (in my case)

The funny part about this is that our times were good and consistent, it's just the bodies didn't feel all that great. Our last one was our fastest as Bill wanted, but it hurt. A lot. H led us out and great job BB, E, Dr. Bob, and M. BB and KBB will be gone all of next week. What will we do?

Fashion tip of the day: The hot pink, tiny speedo is apparently back in fashion for men, so get yours now, guys!

1 comment:

  1. It's not barbaric and I am thinking vanilla versus chocolate pudding

    ReplyDelete