Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Why we love Bill, Vol. 2


Masters fee and Z Center Pass: $1200
New swimsuit and goggles: $60
Having Bill as our coach: Priceless

How many people do you know who always have a smile on their face? That's Bill, and he bounded into practice today with that huge smile on his face and saw IW and me on deck with big smiles of our own. "What's going on?" he asked. Little did he know that we were in the midst of a deep moral discussion about whether or not we would jump in right before Bill arrived and tell him we got there at 6:15. Of course, as he walked in we had already concluded that not being totally honest (also known as "lying") was wrong but that lying to Bill just seemed beyond wrong for some reason. Even when he trys to play the tough guy his true colors show. He gave lane four a "stern" lecture about not doing open turns when they should and started on our lane but then could not hold a straight face. After the workout Caitlin and Joel were on deck telling Bill how much they like him. I guess what I am saying is that I am not alone. It was distance day today. Present and accounted for were IW, me, Marla, and Tom D who was just visiting.

4 x 100 warmup
drill/stroke, drill/swim, kick/swim, swim/stroke
600 pace on 2:00 rest, descend by 200 open turns for time check
500 going 200 fast, 200 cruise, 100 fast on 1:30r
500 pull on 1:30 r
400 going 50 stroke, 50 free on 7:20
400 going 50 fast, 50 cruise on 7:20
400 fastest of the day
3200 total

This was fun because we got to mix it up, and it was interesting and gave us distance at the same time. The stroke on the first 400 helped us use different muscle groups.

To end my tribute to our coach, I will provide the quote of the day, from Bill of course. "Do you know when Carmen is coming back? I have his paddles on my bag and people might think I am swimming." Now that, my friends, is priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment