Thursday, July 2, 2009

Bailout


I wasn't sure what I wanted more: a bailout from this weather or a bailout from the set today. But after coach Bill posted the workout I glanced up at the inspirational saying on the board (something about a man soaring with wings...) and thought about declaring workout bankruptcy. I had a vision of President Obama swooping down from above and taking us to a place where there is sunshine and distance freestyle every day. Oh, toto, does this place exist? But then the dream quickly turned bad as I realized that if this happened the government would own 72% of us and that would not be cool. So SB, KBB, BB, C2 and H fulfilled our obligations and did the workout. Not sure if I got this totally right as I left the sheets in my car.

200 WU on own
2 x 50 dps
100 stroke
2 x 50 dps
100 stroke
2 x 50 choice
10 x 100 free on 1:50 we pulled odds
(The next set all on 2:10)
100 fly/free by 25
100 fly/free by 50
100 IM
100 back/free by 50
100 back
100 IM
100 breast/free by 50
100 breast
100 IM
100 choice/free by 50
100 choice
100 IM

Good job everyone, I know that most of us did not want to do this but we did. As I look outside it is now darker than it was at 5am. It's scary. There is a big group heading to Walden tomorrow, 6am - breakfast afterward. If it is not lightening I will be there, no wetsuit.

Happy 4th of July everyone! Safe travels for those of you heading out.

No comments:

Post a Comment