Monday, July 13, 2009

Motivation


A few of us were talking on deck today about how we had to drag ourselves out of bed and were experiencing a general lack of motivation. I call it the mid-summer slump, but it's not really the MSS because we practically just started summer. I think things come in cycles, and I for one have been less than motivated to swim. So when I got to the office today I started planning for a motivational speaker to come to masters and get us going again. I'm thinking a little combo of the Chris Farley living-in-a-van-down-by-the-river type guy combined with a perfect cheer by Will Farrell. Feel free to send me your requests, I aim to please.

Interesting workout. Not my favorite, but not my least favorite. I am neutral to slightly positive on the workout. How is that for a ringing endorsement?

4 x 50 drill/free
200 stroke/free by 50
100 swim
6 x 100 on 1:45
2 x 50 stroke on 1:20
4 x 50 stroke on :60
100 free
6 x 100 free on 1:40
2 x 50 stroke on 1:20
4 x 50 stroke on :55 (ouch)
100 free
400 IM (double ouch)

The young college kids got to go at this one. I even tested my shoulder today with some fly. It seems okay. Good job IW, E, H, and M for sticking it out. SB, I hope your meeting was worth missing the 400 IM.

No comments:

Post a Comment