Monday, July 27, 2009

Shame on us?


We were having a grand old morning in the lane with BB, SB, E, K, IW, and KBB. We were all IBB and the water felt cool and refreshing compared to the hot, sticky air. Bill rightfully acknowledged our promptness and even said he would have to up his game. So on we go to the workout, which was middle distance and fly. On the second main set, we were surprised but not upset that Bill seemed to reward us for our good behavior with itervals that allowed us to catch up on our weekends, have some breakfast, and in general ease our way into the week. Then he noticed that he gave us the wrong sheet, with the intervals from lane 2. They were over there working their butts off (and doing great, mind you) and we were having a tea party. Bill said "shame on you - you should have said something" but in all honesty, nobody was in the mood to complain this morning so we just did what we were told, no questions asked. I feel no shame. I don't think anyone else did either!

200 warmup
8 x 50 variety drill/swim, stroke/swim, count strokes
4 x 250 on 4:30 going:
100 easy
50 stroke (fly on the sheet)
100 fast
4 x 200 on 3:50 negative split (no shame)
50 cruise on 1:20
150 fast on 2:30
100 cruise on 2:00
200 fast
100 easy WD

I did not do the last set as I had to scoot this morning so KBB let me know if I messed it up, I left the sheet in my car. Well done, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment